How to Get a Dog or Cat Spayed or Neutered
Tuesday, June 28, 2016 Filed in: Spay & Neuter
- Call the MARC Message Line 423-240-9074
- Leave a message that you want to get a dog(s) or cat(s) spayed or neutered, or altered.
- A MARC volunteer will call you back, not right away but soon.
- Our MARC Volunteer will get all your information in order for us to add you/the animals to the list.
- MARC transports animals almost every week to a low cost spay neuter clinic. We go to several differents ones because we cannot get enough appointments at one clinic.
- The costs vary depending on dog or cat, weight, male or female. Generally the cost is about $40 for cats and about $55 for dogs.
- Each animal must have a current Rabies vaccination or he/she will have to get one while getting altered. Rabies shots coat about $10-14. If your animal has a current Rabies vaccination you must provide to us proof by showing us the Rabies certificate you received when the animal was vaccinated.
- LOW INCOME citizens of Marion County may apply for assistance. If you receive Food Stamps or TENNCARE or have some other proof you qualify as Low Income MARC will spay or neuter your animal for free or for want ever amount you can afford. We ask you to pay for the Rabies shot. But don't let that stop you from asking. We will work something out to get you dogs and cats altered.
Call MARC Now and get on the list!
Thank you for caring about animals.