- Call the MARC Message Line(423) 240-9074
- Leave a MessageTell us that you want to get your dog(s) or cat(s) spayed or neutered or altered.
- Wait for Our Return CallA MARC Volunteer will call you back soon (not right away).
- Give InformationOur MARC Volunteer will get all your information, in order for us to add you (and the animals) to the list.
- TransportationMARC transports animals almost weekly to a low-cost spay neuter clinic. We go to several different ones, because we cannot get enough appointments at one clinic.
- CostCosts vary depending on dog or cat, weight, male or female. Generally the final cost is about $40 for cats and about $55 for dogs.
LOW INCOME citizens of Marion County may apply for assistance. If you receive Food Stamps or TENNCARE or have some other proof of low income, MARC will spay or neuter your animal for free or for want ever amount you can afford. We ask you to pay for the rabies shot, but don't let that stop you from asking. We will work something out to get you dogs and cats altered.
- Vaccination RequirementsEach animal must have a current rabies vaccination or he/she will have to get one while getting altered. Rabies shots cost about $10-14. If your animal has a current rabies vaccination, you must provide to us proof by showing us the rabies certificate you received when the animal was vaccinated.
- Show More